A home warranty is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of many major system components and appliances in your home. A home warranty cannot prevent systems or appliances from breaking down, but it can help make covered repairs or replacements easier and less costly. It puts you in control of your budget with an economical way to help protect against otherwise potentially costly situations. Many home warranty companies offer a variety of plans and pricing options so you can pick the plan that’s right for you and your home. They can also help you build a plan customized to suit your needs.
Benefit to the Sellers
When trying to sell your home, you want to make it stand out from the rest. A home warranty is the perfect marketing tool! It can help your home sell faster and for a higher price. Potential buyers will put your home at the top of their list knowing that they’ll be protected from unexpected, covered repairs.
- Make your home a preferred home. Eight out of ten buyers prefer to buy a home covered by a home warranty plan. (Source: Gallup Poll)
- Attract more first-time home buyers. Provide peace of mind for buyers who might be intimidated by the high cost of repairing or replacing system problems.
- No post-sale worries. If a breakdown happens after closing, the buyer will turn to the home warranty.
- Most Warranties may be transferred.
- Peace of Mind – No worrying about which contractor you will use. For a set or fixed trade service fee you are assured to obtain a qualified professional.
Benefit to Buyers
A home warranty plan provides budget protection and peace of mind for home buyers who otherwise might not be able to handle unexpected repair bills at a time when they are usually least affordable.
- Budget/cash flow protection on unexpected repairs
- Convenience of one call, one small service fee and prompt response
- Most major systems and appliances covered under most standard plans
- Provides added home protection from costly repairs or replacement
- Provides ongoing home protection – renewable year after year!
- Full replacement of covered items (check your policy for specifics).
“Statistically, homes listed with a home warranty sell faster
and closer to the asking price.”
Below are links to two of the bigger home warranty companies. If you are interested in a home warranty, please let me know and I will be happy to help you set it up.
Old Republic Home Protection Company