What is the Ultimate “Surviving a Home Remodeling” Checklist?
Home remodeling is tough. And no one knows that better than us, certified residential Forever AgentSM Remodeling Advisor who have worked with clients throughout our market as they complete the remodeling process.
If you want to not only survive but also thrive during your next home remodeling, here’s a helpful checklist to complete before the construction begins:
- Factor contingencies into your budget to avoid any financial surprises
- Expect things to go wrong, and know that everything will be OK in the end
- Have a family meeting prior to the remodeling to set expectations for the project
- Determine how kids and pets will live safely in your house during this remodeling
- Keep a first aid kit handy in case of any unexpected accidents
- Plan realistic solutions for bathrooms and kitchens out of service
- Set up temporary private spaces for your family and at-home office (if you need one)
- Pack up fragile and valuable possessions
- Prepare for dust by covering electronics and furniture, and sealing off doorways and vents
- Demonstrate patience—this is a process and it will usually take longer than you think
Home remodeling is tough. Need more advice about preparing for a home remodeling? Schedule a complimentary consultation with us today.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Preferred Real Estate, Best Auburn Realtors, Best Opelika Realtors, Relocate to Auburn, Move to Auburn, Homes for sale in Auburn, Homes for Sale near me, Houses for Sale Opelika, Luxury Homes for Sale Auburn, New Construction Auburn, New Construction Opelika