Questions to Ask Your Home Remodeling Contractor
Let’s determine together the factors in the success of any home remodeling is the competence, capability and care of your contractor.
As certified residential Forever AgentSM Remodeling Advisors, we know one of the biggest determining factors in the success of any home remodeling is the competence, capability and care of your contractor.
But before you meet with a contractor, it’s important to be prepared with questions that will help you determine if that contractor is the right one for you. To help, we’ve put together a list of crucial questions to ask any contractor before you hire them for your project:
- Can you provide information about your license, insurance and bonding?
- Can you describe your project management system as well as your system for efficiently communicating with clients and your team?
- Can you describe your commitment to job safety and cleanliness with specific examples about how that commitment is applied on your job sites?
- Do you have a portfolio of recent work with photos and videos?
- Can you provide testimonials and references? (A note to the home renovator: Make sure you contact these references!)
- Can you share a sample contract for review?
- How are selections and allowances handled at your company?
- What are your payment expectations and can you draw a payment schedule for our use?
- What is the estimated time frame for planning, start date and completion of the project?
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Preferred Real Estate, Best Auburn Realtors, Best Opelika Realtors, Relocate to Auburn, Move to Auburn, Homes for sale in Auburn, Homes for Sale near me, Houses for Sale Opelika, Luxury Homes for Sale Auburn, New Construction Auburn, New Construction Opelika