Auburn’s 2015 Rankings and Recognitions
“Niche.com has released their 2016 K-12 School and District rankings, based on academics, health and safety, parent/student surveys, teacher quality, facility quality and resources, extracurricular activities and sports and fitness. Auburn City Schools is well represented in the rankings: Auburn City Schools is ranked fifth of 131 public school districts in Alabama and 181st of 10,488 school districts nationally. Auburn High School is ranked sixth out of 348 public high schools in Alabama and 474th out of 16,464 public high schools in the nation. Auburn Junior High School was ranked sixth of 249 public middle schools in Alabama and 239th out of 15,430 public middle schools in the nation. Cary Woods Elementary School was ranked eighth of 643 public elementary schools in Alabama, and 375th of 48,829 public elementary schools in the nation. Dean Road Elementary, Ogletree Elementary and Wrights Mill Road Elementary were all in the top 25 public elementary schools in Alabama.
*The Milken Institute named Auburn at number 10 in its report of “Best Performing Cities” for 2015, citing the 11th fastest job growth in the nation over a fiveyear period.
• Southern Business and Development Magazine named the City of Auburn Economic Development Department as the Best Economic Development Agency in Alabama.
• Auburn was named the third “Best Town to Raise a Family” in Alabama by Niche.com. Auburn ranks number one on Niche.com’s overall list of “Best Towns in Alabama.”
• Forbes ranked the Auburn-Opelika metro area number seven nationally on their list of the best small cities for jobs. Forbes considered 258 metropolitan statistical areas for the ranking.
• CollegeValuesOnline.com listed Auburn as #12 in a list of the 50 “Best Small College Towns” • Tennis.com ranked Auburn’s Yarbrough Tennis Center at number 13 on a list of the nation’s top 20 college tennis facilities.
• The City of Auburn was named as an Honorable Mention in a 2015 list of the “100 Best Fleets in North America.” The “Best Fleets” initiative was begun to recognize the “very best-of-the-best fleet operations in North America, judged by fleet professionals on 12 criteria “that are the universal drivers of change and excellence in any operation.”
For more information please click here.