Are you planning on buying a house in Auburn or buying a house in Opelika and are wondering how to make yourself at home without unpacking all your boxes? There are tons of logistics to think about before and after moving day.
Start prepping early to avoid scrambling later
Settling into your new house actually begins at your old one. Think about all the things that make your current house run smoothly each day, and check these off your list so you are not struggling to function after the move.
- Schedule disconnect and reconnect dates for all of your utilities (electricity, water, internet/cable)
- Nail down your new trash/recycling pickup situation
- Make copies of your new house keys
- Set up a mail forward with the post office
- Make a list of all the places where you’ll need to change your address (credit cards, online accounts, etc.) so you have a quick reference point postmove
For all of your real estate needs in the Auburn-Opelika area please contact me at (334) 332-7263 or email me at LauraSellers01@Gmail.com or visit my website. I look forward to helping you buy the home of your dreams or sell your existing home. Search for Auburn homes for sale or Search for Opelika homes for sale here.