Are you planning on buying a house in Auburn or buying a house in Opelika? If so, one of the most important aspects in negotiations is having control over the outcome. One way to give you more control over the negotiations is presenting your offer directly to the seller. However, many traditions make this somewhat challenging to do in many areas of the country. However, if you are able to present your offer directly to the seller below is a list of some advantages of doing it.
1. The seller perceives the seriousness of the offer.
2. The selling agent or buyer’s representative will be able to determine the seller’s “hot buttons,” which can make or break the contract.
3. The listing agent will not be able to offer incorrect assumptions/suggestions that you, as the buyer’s representative, cannot counter.
4. You will be able to put the seller’s needs in order of importance.
5. You may be able to receive a faster response to your offer.
6. The listing agent will find it harder to play favorites with buyers or other cooperative agents.
7. You, as the buyer’s representative, will be able to “sell” the positive aspects of the offer more convincingly.
8. You, as the buyer’s representative, will be able to paint an emotionally charged picture for the buyer’s benefit.
9. The seller may like you more than the listing agent will.
10. Since you as the buyer’s agent have control over time regarding the eventual signature of an acceptance or counter-offer, you can make the buyers available for a fast confirmation.
For more information on negotiations please click here for the original article.
For all of your real estate needs in the Auburn-Opelika area please contact me at (334) 332-7263 or email me at LauraSellers01@Gmail.com or visit my website. I look forward to helping you buy the home of your dreams or sell your existing home. Search for Auburn homes for sale or Search for Opelika homes for sale here.